Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark D. Hansen" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 19:06:04 UTC

SNAPSHOT dependency takes forever

I have a local (filesystem) maven repository with a foo-SNAPSHOP.jar that I periodically update.  The problem is that when I do a different maven build, that depends on foo-SNAPSHOP.jar, the build process hangs for a long time (5 minutes or more) trying to download foo-SNAPSHOP.jar before it finally gives up and uses the foo-SNAPSHOP.jar found in my ~/.maven/repository.

This long delay only happens on the first build attempt.  After that, it moves along quickly.

Has anybody else experienced this?

-- Mark

RE: SNAPSHOT dependency takes forever

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

To some degree but that really depends on your internet connection, etc. You
can always run in offline mode (maven -o) and you won't have the problem.

-Vincent