Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/10/05 05:04:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Add checkstyle template for CI to check codes format only

Hi, ShardingSphere community,

The project of ShardingSphere has checkstyle template that can check the
code format and program design strictly, not all of the rules can pass
check now. We do not add `checkstyle:check` on our maven install goal. But
we have already reminder our contributors to use this template to check
their codes before create pull requests in our Code of Conduct. [1]

With more and more contributors came from the community, the guarantee of
keep unified code format is difficult without checkstyle check
automatically.

I plan add a new checkstyle template which check code format only, and add
it into maven install goal. It means all pull requests must pass the basic
check and then they can merge into dev branch.

I just add the template and we can discuss which rule is too strictly to be
removed.

[1] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/code-conduct/

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: [DISCUSS] Add checkstyle template for CI to check codes format only

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
The issue is [1], and the pr [2] has already merged.

We can keep adjusting the template.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/3171
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/pull/3172

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2019年10月5日周六 下午5:59写道: