Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@Hammant.org> on 2004/08/23 05:14:15 UTC

Cornerstone rework - CDI enablement in progress.

Folks,

Today I have been changing Cornerstone to have CDI capability. At least
I've completed two of three - ConnectionManager and Store
(ObjectRespository). SocketManager is yet to do. See
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/trunk/planet/cornerstone

This will allow us to begin work on enabling James to be run outside of
an Avalon Container. This, I suggest, is done as an additional
capability as opposed changing James to be Constructor Dependency
Injection (CDI) only. Following that GBean enablers for Geronimo should
be easy.

For those that have had their head in the sand for the last year, read
up on CDI ->
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Constructor+Dependency+Injection&btnG=Google+Search

Note that Avalon is not a dependency injection type, it is
contextualised dependency lookup.

Regards,

- Paul

RE: Cornerstone rework - CDI enablement in progress.

Posted by Intelekia <in...@intelekia.com>.
Hello all,

Could you please provide a quick brief on the status of the CDI transition?
Are there any deadlines or target releases to have it ready? And reference
containers (Pico, etc.) that have to be supported?

Thank you very much,

Isaac.