Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2017/10/12 18:30:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Bigtop version 1.2.1

This is the vote for release 1.2.1 of Apache Bigtop.

It fixes the following issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12340373&projectId=12311420

The vote will be going for at least 72 hours and will be closed on Sunday,
October 15th, 2017 at noon PDT.  Please download, test and vote with

[ ] +1, accept RC1 as the official 1.2.1 release of Apache Bigtop
[ ] +0, I don't care either way,
[ ] -1, do not accept RC1 as the official 1.2.1 release of Apache Bigtop,
because...

Source and binary files:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bigtop/bigtop-1.2.1-RC1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-1015

The git tag to be voted upon is release-1.2.1-RC1

Bigtop's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bigtop/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 1.2.1

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
My +1 of course.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
This is definitely OK.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
+1, But had only the chance to run one basic docker provisioner command. Checked Signatures.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the great question and the detailed answer about the code mods vote!
The issue we have here is kinda on the fence: the issue is in the
code, but the vote is on the release. If you look at the same page but
under "Votes on Package Releases" you'll see that "...the 'minimum
quorum of three +1 votes' rule is universal."  So, two +1 aren't
enough, as for release to be blessed by the PMC at least three votes
are required.

And no: binding votes aren't as twice as powerful ;) But only binding
votes are material when it gets to a release, because a project's PMC
is legally bound by the release decision. Hence, my -1 indicates that
we have a serious issue with inability to validate that all bits are
license clean. Which kills the release candidate.

That's how I see it.
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
2CAC 8312 4870 D885 8616  6115 220F 6980 1F27 E622

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Posted by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com>.
Hey Arnaud,

Posted by Arnaud Launay <as...@launay.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
OK. I think if we can't get it fixed soon, we can still explain how to
evaluate our release on the download page. BIGTOP-2892
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2892> is opened for this.

To summarize the vote result:

The vote is REJECTED with 3 binding +1s, 1 binding -1 and 1 non-binding -1.

Thanks for voting!

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com>.
-1

Posted by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com>.
I've opened the following to get the giraph-examples.jar binary out of the
source tree:

-Kevin

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
-1 [binding]