Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/11/24 14:18:20 UTC

excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2

Hi:

It is OK the following libs changes in cocoon 2.2:

Add (from cocoon 2.1):
excalibur-event-api-1.0.4-dev.jar
excalibur-event-impl-1.0.4-dev.jar
excalibur-sourceresolve-1.0.2-dev.jar
excalibur-store-1.0-dev.jar
excalibur-xmlutil-1.0-dev.jar

Remove:
excalibur-event-20030904.jar
excalibur-sourceresolve-20030715.jar
excalibur-store-20030825.jar
excalibur-xmlutil-20031021.jar

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 24.11.2003 15:36, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>
>>> Should be no problem, though it might be better to have real
>>> releases. Ralph Goers on the users list mentioned that it is always a
>>> problem to grap the sources of these packages from CVS. The below
>>> updated versions are no real releases, but only recent tagged
>>> versions in the CVS. So there is no source tar gz downloadable from
>>> dist directory.
>>

>> There was a frustrated post on avalon-dev this AM regarding excalibur
>> releases.  The comment (which I haven't had time to respond to) was
>> that the one trying to go through the release process was getting no
>> help, and that no one (including us) cared about excalibur releases
>> anymore.
>>
>> Geoff
>

> To be honest I don't care about Excalibur. But I read the mail after you
> wrote the above:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106966850800002&r=1&w=2. Can anybody
> comment on this? Should it stay as it is, i.e. we update only what we
> need, esp. when we found a bug and want to fix it? I guess "that's life"
> for "commons" libraries.

But I bet you (or someone at least) cares whether we are using a
released or cvs version of, say, excalibur sourceresolve - or store,
etc.  There is critical functionality which is continually non-released
which we've decided we don't want.

TBH, I also interpreted the original complaint to include ECM, which I
for some reason had in my head someone was trying to create a new
release of for 2.1.x.

Are we really the only ones using these packages?  Have the others gone
away from Avalon?

Geoff

Re: excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

wrote the above:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106966850800002&r=1&w=2. Can anybody
comment on this? Should it stay as it is, i.e. we update only what we
need, esp. when we found a bug and want to fix it? I guess "that's life"
for "commons" libraries.

Joerg

Re: excalibur libs in cocoon 2.2

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.