Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Sidhu <ts...@csc.com> on 2000/12/12 16:34:13 UTC

Re: Problems with Cocoon

To whom it may concern,

I can't seem to find a contact that could help me with a few problems in
converting XML files to PDF and using XSP to retrieve the same affect.

At present i'm using the following packages to run my environment:

IE 5.5
Acrobat 4.05
Apache Server V1.3.14
Tomcat V3.1
Cocoon V1.7.4
JDK 1.3

I know that there has been some problems with IE 5.5 and Acrobat, but i
used the solutions provided to resolve the problem of not displaying the
page.  But what i have know is, when i try to run the PDF page through the
above environment i get a message which says that

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
     at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:116)
     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:123)
     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:385)
     at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:305)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
     at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
     at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and not only that if i don't use XSP then i don't get the above message, but the following

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Invalid at the top level of the document. Line 1, Position 1

%PDF-1.2
^

I know this may not be a problem that you can help me with but if you could pass this
mail on to the right person i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tony

Re: Problems with Cocoon

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 03:34:13PM +0000, Tony Sidhu wrote:
> I know that there has been some problems with IE 5.5 and Acrobat, but i
> used the solutions provided to resolve the problem of not displaying the
> page.  But what i have know is, when i try to run the PDF page through the
> above environment i get a message which says that
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>      at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
> [...]

Tony,

This is a FAQ (frequently asked question)! *Please* make sure
you've read the FAQ properly before posting here, because we're
all deeply deeply busy people, and answering queries takes up
an awful lot of time. We don't mind at *all*, if they're unusual
problems or whatever, but when the answer is already on the
website, it's a touch frustrating.

As an aside, this is Cocoon-dev, which is primarily for the
discussions relating to the development of cocoon itself, rather
than applications using it. Questions such as yours should be
directed to cocoon-users in the future.

Thanks,

Paul.
--