Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Mayhar <fr...@exit.com> on 2000/04/09 22:14:25 UTC

Help with a weird problem.

I'm using the Apache::iNcom webstore suite (which uses Embperl to get the
job done) to set up an online store and I've run into a very, very weird
problem.  When I try to go from the frontpage into the store itself, I get
a stack underflow on a </tr> in an included file.  And I can't figure out
why.  It looks like the tables are set up properly in all the affected files,
but it still gets the underflow.  I've attached the log if anyone would like
to take a look and see what might be going on that I've missed.  What often
causes a stack underflow?  (And why isn't that error just a _leetle_ more
descriptive? :-)
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/

RE: Help with a weird problem.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'm using the Apache::iNcom webstore suite (which uses Embperl to get the
> job done) to set up an online store and I've run into a very, very weird
> problem.  When I try to go from the frontpage into the store itself, I get
> a stack underflow on a </tr> in an included file.  And I can't figure out
> why.  It looks like the tables are set up properly in all the
> affected files,
> but it still gets the underflow.  I've attached the log if anyone
> would like
> to take a look and see what might be going on that I've missed.
> What often
> causes a stack underflow?  (And why isn't that error just a _leetle_ more
> descriptive? :-)

Stack underflow means that there are less opening items and then closing
ones. The problem in your case is, that the closing /tr is inside a file you
include with Execute but the opening isn't. The opening and closing tags
must match inside _one_ file. The solution for your problem, is to tell
Embperl that you don't need dynamic tables in this part of the document and
disable the scaning of the table and tr tags for that part of the document
by doing a [- $optDisableHtmlTableScan = 1 +] you can switch it back by
setting this flag to 0, if this is neccessary.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151