Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2008/07/26 18:56:55 UTC

Postal Address entity

the databook figure 2.8 has it the way I figure it should be.
is there a reason it was implemented the way it was.
1) postaladdress has party information
2) it has Postal Code instead of being in the geography boundary

the motivation is to move forward on
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Extending+PostalAddress+Information
the address Details

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am glad to spend the time to show what has to be done, and even that I
will do it.

David E Jones sent the following on 7/26/2008 1:54 PM:

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
sorry for the brain-fart
entitymodel.xsd

David E Jones sent the following on 7/26/2008 1:55 PM:

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
What is the entity.xsd file?

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Yes. I agree. it would be a short term way of doing it.

see my next email on embedded format.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/26/2008 12:49 PM:

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Postal Address entity

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I also proposed a change to the entity.xsd that would put in output
format per field.
then the output would be drive by using output format
with what I proposed just in the address, only need to sort by the
sequence number to have correct line numbers
for input there would have to be an entity in country that gave the
address format

Adrian Crum sent the following on 7/26/2008 11:41 AM:
> As far as the UI is concerned, what about having an entity that ties a form widget name to a geo code? We could have something like CommonPostalAddressForms.xml that contains the various postal address layouts. Some work might need to be done in the form widget to give it the ability to include "form snippets."
>
> -Adrian

>>> address1
>>> address1
>>> and