Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Joey Daughtery <jd...@t-sciences.com> on 2011/11/29 18:49:47 UTC

Scanner and paging

Is there a way to set a start and end index on the scanner object?  I have
looked through the examples but did not see anything.  I am basically
wanting to page through the result set.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Scanner and paging

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Joey Daughtery
<jd...@t-sciences.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to set a start and end index on the scanner object?  I have
> looked through the examples but did not see anything.  I am basically
> wanting to page through the result set.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

The scanner does not have this functionality.  One way to accomplish
paging is to start scanning again at the last key (non-inclusive) that
was shown.