Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Rahul Iyer <ri...@apache.org> on 2017/08/18 23:53:51 UTC

Forced push to master

Hi dev-team,

I force-pushed to the master branch to fix an incorrect author assignment I
made on commit titled "MLP: Add multiple enhancements". This practice is
frowned-down upon and I try to avoid it when I can. In this case, however,
I wanted to ensure the right person got credit for the commit.

The result of this push is that all local branches of master would have
diverged from the remote and require updating.

If your master does not contain any local changes different from the remote
then you can perform a reset. For example, if your remote is named upstream:

$ git checkout master
$ git fetch upstream
$ git reset --hard upstream/master # Destroys your work on master

If the local master branch contains commits that need to be saved, then use
rebase:

$ git rebase --onto upstream/master 6f6f804 master
Further, existing PRs would now have a bunch of commits that are completely
unrelated to the PR. These PRs will have to be rebased on top of the
updated master branch to remove the erroneous commits.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Best,
Rahul