Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Daryoush Mehrtash <dm...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/09 19:40:36 UTC

can't build qpidc on Ubuntu

I am trying to build qpidc-0.10 from source distribution on Ubuntu 10.04.3
LTS.

I have installed the following packages

sudo apt-get install libboost-dev uuid-dev pkg-config build-essential make
autoconf automake help2man libtool doxygen graphviz ruby

When I do

  # ./configure --prefix=/home/daryoush/qpid-tools
  # make install

I get:

make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daryoush

Re: can't build qpidc on Ubuntu

Posted by Matt Stevenson <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am running Ubuntu on a macbook pro and I can build in under 5 minutes.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>wrote:

> On 08/10/2011 02:09 PM, Daryoush Mehrtash wrote:
> > Thanks Alan.  I found out that I was missing saslpasswd2 package.  I
> > installed it and It builds now.
> >
> > It does take forever (30 minute or so) to do the build  on my Ubuntu
> image
> > running in a Mac Book.
> >
> > Is that build time normal, or does it have to do with my machine
> settings?
> I do a full 'make check' under 4 minutes on a lenovo X201.
>
> Carl.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Matt Stevenson.

Re: can't build qpidc on Ubuntu

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 08/10/2011 02:12 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> On 08/10/2011 02:09 PM, Daryoush Mehrtash wrote:
>> Thanks Alan.  I found out that I was missing saslpasswd2 package.  I
>> installed it and It builds now.
>>
>> It does take forever (30 minute or so) to do the build  on my Ubuntu image
>> running in a Mac Book.
>>
>> Is that build time normal, or does it have to do with my machine settings?
> I do a full 'make check' under 4 minutes on a lenovo X201.

Hmm. It takes me 25 mins just for "make" from scratch on a Lenovo T61. "make
check" takes another 30 mins.

I'd like to know if the difference is hardware, optional code that you didn't
build (e.g. cluster) or something else (e.g. build flags, I used -O3...) Can
you send me your config.status, config.log and src/config.h so I can compare the
same build on my hardware?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Daryoush Mehrtash <dm...@gmail.com>.

--