Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by mane_uk <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2011/11/30 11:27:43 UTC

Error on CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE

Hi All,

   I am trying to run the command CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE but I
am having the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: The exception
'java.sql.SQLException: Column 'COLUMN21' is either not in any table in the
FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of
the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP
BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN21' is
not a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an
expression.

   My table are correct and every field in my csv file has a correspondent
column in the table. Also tried with my original xls file but the same error
occurred.

   Any ideas?

Thanks
Emanuel

Re: Error on CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
mane_uk <ma...@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
>    I am trying to run the command CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE but I
> am having the following error message:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: The exception
> 'java.sql.SQLException: Column 'COLUMN21' is either not in any table in the
> FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of
> the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP
> BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN21' is
> not a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an
> expression.
>

>    My table are correct and every field in my csv file has a correspondent
> column in the table.

Hi Emanuel,

Is the opposite also true? Do every column in the table have a
corresponding field in the csv file? This error message usually means
that there are more columns in the table than in the csv file, in which
case you'll have to use SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA instead and specify which
columns to import.

--
Knut Anders