Posted to users@camel.apache.org by umang <um...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/17 17:03:13 UTC

Camel elasticsearch bulk api not working

Hi,

I was experimenting with camel elasticsearch component. I was sending
following request to elasticsearch with INDEX operation. It is working as
expected.

{
  "entityId":"test",
  "userId":"test",
  "timestamp":"2014-12-06 15:59:48",
  "xyz":"test",
}

Now I changed the about request to a List and used BULK operation. The
typeconverter to BulkRequest is returning null now due to which it is
throwing NPE. What should be the request in Bulk indexing using
elasticsearch?

Re: Camel elasticsearch bulk api not working

Posted by umang <um...@gmail.com>.
Got it working now. Re read the documentation and found that we have to send
List<Map&lt;String, String>> for bulk index and Map<String, String> for
single index. For single index automatically the request was getting
converted to Map.

Re: Camel elasticsearch bulk api not working

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Can you show us your route? :) And the body you send to the ES producer.

Cheers!

niedz., 17.05.2015 o 17:03 użytkownik umang <um...@gmail.com>