Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Grimm, Markus" <Gr...@juris.de> on 2008/10/01 13:24:42 UTC

Problem with 'First Element must contain the local name, Envelope , but found html...'

Hi all,

I've got the following problem:
I implemented a webservice-operation with an fault-Element
Everytime I call the service-method by client and create a server-side
exception with this fault, I get

org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPProcessingException: First Element must
contain the local name, Envelope , but found html

Reason for this error --> The server sends a HTML-Request with a Status
500.

It seems that the problem is caused by invoking the exception on
server-side, but what could go wrong?

config:
=======
Axis2.1.4.1
Tomcat 6.0.18
Java 1.5

Thanks,
Markus

AW: Problem with 'First Element must contain the local name, Envelope , but found html...'

Posted by "Grimm, Markus" <Gr...@juris.de>.
Hi Nandana,

thanks for your inspirering question. ;-)
thereby I looked at catalina.out and saw the following

        ... 32 more
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: message cannot be null!!
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: message cannot be null!!

This was the reason of the problem. My Fault-Type has a message-element
and in this special case it was set to 'null'.
Sometimes it's good to talk about problems ... :))

Thanks,
Markus

________________________________

        Is there any possibility to check the server logs to see what's
going wrong ? Or if you can check the html page returned from the
server. You can easily do this by sending the message through a TCPMon
or any other proxy.

thanks,
nandana

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Grimm, Markus <Gr...@juris.de> wrote:

[...]

Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
WSO2 inc.

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.org

Re: Problem with 'First Element must contain the local name, Envelope , but found html...'

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,