Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Ron Hashimshony <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 19:35:41 UTC

Is this forum/library alive?

Hi All,
I have posted a message a month ago - no response....
I just want to know, is there any other forum where there is more traffic,
or if this library is dead :-(
Any comment will be appreciated...
Thanks,
Ron.

Re: Is this forum/library alive?

Posted by Matthew Wilson <ma...@synesis.com.au>.
I don't know if this is the done thing or not, but since the subject of moribundity and other libraries has come up, I'd like to draw people's attention to a new logging _API_ library that myself and a colleague have recently released to the public domain: Pantheios (http://pantheios.sourceforge.net/).

As the website explains, this comes with its own basic logging transport facilities. But it is really a flexible/extensible, 100% type-safe, and very efficient (see http://pantheios.sourceforge.net/performance.html) layer that can be used over the rich transport facilities of any existing logging library, including log4cxx or log4cpp.

We've an article coming out soon on The C++ Source (http://artima.com/cppsource/) which will introduce it to the C++ world, so to speak. But since the subject's been raised in this forum, I thought I'd give it a mention now.

There're two examples in which log4cxx (examples/cpp/example_cpp_wrap_3pty_log_lib) and log4cplus (examples/cpp/example_cpp_wrap_log4cplus) are wrapped. If anyone with particular expertise with log4cxx, log4cplus and log4cpp would be willing to lend a hand in producing actual bindings to these libraries, we'd be very grateful. (Note: you can still use NDC's and all that stuff from within application code, so Pantheios+log4XYZ gives the best of both worlds.)

Thanks for listening.

Matthew Wilson

Author: "Extended STL", Addison-Wesley, 2006
    http://www.extendedstl.com
Author: "Imperfect C++", Addison-Wesley, 2004
    http://www.imperfectcplusplus.com

"I can't sleep nights till I found out who hurled what ball through
what apparatus" -- Dr Niles Crane

Posted by Ron Hashimshony <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephane,

Posted by Stéphane Hamel <sh...@solvision.net>.