Posted to user@flume.apache.org by "zijing.wu@qyer.com" <zi...@qyer.com> on 2015/01/16 05:04:15 UTC

Flume must be lanuched from FLUME_HOME to make sure that log4j.properties in conf dir will be picked up.

Flume version
    apache-flume-1.5.0-cdh5.1.0

I placed flume in a dir and it seems flume have to be launched from this dir to make sure the log4j.properties in conf will be picked up.
I am confused that Lanuching from other dir, flume will NOT log anything to user assigned logger.

zijing.wu@qyer.com

RE: Flume must be lanuched from FLUME_HOME to make sure that log4j.properties in conf dir will be picked up.

Posted by "Needham, Guy" <Gu...@virginmedia.co.uk>.
I've also found that when running from elsewhere, the dir should contain a flume-env.sh file that references FLUME_HOME - that way the log4j.properties file will be included. This approach also allows each flume agent to have the heap size and JAVA_HOME variables configured independently.

Regards,

Guy Needham | Data Discovery
Virgin Media   | Technology and Transformation | Data
Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
D 01256 75 3362
I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

________________________________
If you run from elsewhere pass in the path to the directory containing the log4j.properties file as the value of --conf parameter.

Thanks,
Hari

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM, zijing.wu@qyer.com <zi...@qyer.com>> wrote:

Flume version
    apache-flume-1.5.0-cdh5.1.0

I placed flume in a dir and it seems flume have to be launched from this dir to make sure the log4j.properties in conf will be picked up.
I am confused that Lanuching from other dir, flume will NOT log anything to user assigned logger.

________________________________
zijing.wu@qyer.com

Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged
and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). If you have received this
email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is
unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent
those of Virgin Media. Any representations or commitments in this email are
subject to contract.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP

Re: Flume must be lanuched from FLUME_HOME to make sure that log4j.properties in conf dir will be picked up.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.