Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/09 08:32:02 UTC

Re: svn commit: r773035 - in /camel/trunk: camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/util/ tests/camel-itest/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/itest/async/ tests/camel-itest/src/test/resources/

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> davsclaus@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: davsclaus
>> Date: Fri May  8 15:41:29 2009
>> New Revision: 773035

>> Log:
>> CAMEL-1572: Added async sample for show and tell of the new Async API.
>>

>> +
>> +        // so we use the async extract body to return a string body response
>> +        // this allows us to do this in a single code line instead of using the
>> +        // JDK Future API to get hold of it, but you can also use that if you want
>> +        String response = template.asyncExtractBody(future, String.class);
>> +        assertEquals("Bye World", response);
>> +
> How about name the method with extractFutureBody?
> asyncExtractBody makes me think it's async method call, but in fact it
> will block the calling thread if the feature is not done yet.
Good idea willem, I was in doubt with a good name so I took the
internal extractBody name at first.
Your idea is much better, so lets use it.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/