Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/23 19:41:15 UTC

Oracle Donation (Again)

Hi everyone
I received today the Oracle newsletter about the donation. I checked the SVN
repository, but couldn't find anything like Cherokee or something
What is the status about the donation???? (sorry for being a pain in the ass
:))

Best Regards

Rafael Mauricio Nami

Migration from 1.1.1 to nightly build

Posted by fr...@pacbell.net.
I have an application working with myfaces 1.1.1.
I built the nightly build using maven, and the simple-example
works, but my application gets:

java.lang.ClassCastException

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.nextViewSequence(JspS
tateManagerImpl.java:472)

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.getSerializedViewFrom
ServletSession(JspStateManagerImpl.java:459)

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreTreeStructure(
JspStateManagerImpl.java:212)

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreView(JspStateM
anagerImpl.java:237)

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(JspViewHan
dlerImpl.java:255)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.java:14
3)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66)

	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:108)

	com.parvia.security.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.java:91)

breakpoint in nextViewSequence:
            Map map = externalContext.getSessionMap();
            Integer sequence = (Integer)
map.get(RendererUtils.SEQUENCE_PARAM);  <--------

map.get(RendererUtils.SEQUENCE_PARAM) is a String "1"
Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks,
Lance

using jsf backing bean in non jsf jsp

Posted by fr...@pacbell.net.
I have a jsf page the brings up a non jsf jsp in both an iframe and as a
popup.
I want to use the jsf backing bean (consoleHandler below) in the jsp. I
used:

<%
   LifecycleFactory lFactory =
(LifecycleFactory)FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.LIFECYCLE_FACTORY);
   Lifecycle lifecycle =
lFactory.getLifecycle(LifecycleFactory.DEFAULT_LIFECYCLE);
   FacesContextFactory fcFactory =
(FacesContextFactory)FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.FACES_CONTEXT_FA
CTORY);
   FacesContext facesContext =
fcFactory.getFacesContext(getServletContext(), request, response,
lifecycle);
   ConsoleHandler consoleHandler =

(ConsoleHandler)facesContext.getApplication().getVariableResolver().resolveV
ariable(facesContext, "consoleHandler");
%>

This worked fine on my development machine, the same bean is used by the jsp
page,
but when I uploaded it to the production server, the jsp creates a new
instance of
the backing bean every time it is called (I put a println in the bean
constructor).
The code base is exactly the same. Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks,
Lance

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Does ADF have something equivalent to myfaces <t:dataList>? Thanks!

John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:  Hi Laurie,

We're very happy to hear that you are having such a positive experience with ADF Faces EA19, that was definitely our goal when we wrote the code. ;-)

Seriously though, if we are successful in entering the Apache Incubator with the ADF Faces project, we would certainly appreciate your participation to build a community, to further improve the codebase, and to make progress towards the exit criteria from the incubator as well.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

  On 1/25/06, Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com> wrote:  Hi Laurie,

I know it is a bold statement, but ADF Faces is already used in production environments - I have several customers running production environments on EA19. We should have a release of ADF Faces 10.1.3 out for production very, very, very shortly (this being the commercial version of ADF Faces.)

That said, when, and if, we get accepted to enter the Incubator the source will be updated with the most recent source code available.

Adam and John, feel free to pitch in.

Cheers,
Jonas

Laurie Harper wrote:   Martin Marinschek wrote:
  It is a snapshot of the ADF-faces code, so in this sense, yes, it is
ready for production integration.

That's a bold statement, given that the code that's been made available doesn't correspond to a released product -- the closest thing to a release was the Early Access distribution of ADF Faces, and the released code is, AFAICT, a later version than contained in EA19.

That said, though, I am using these components in a product that will be released well before the Oracle donation works its way through the incubator into MyFaces and reaches a release there. YMMV, but I haven't run into any show-stoppers as yet...

L.

  There might be major changes as we go through the incubator, though...

regards,

Martin

On 1/24/06, Fadil <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi all,

is it ready for production integration ?

Thanks,

Fadil

On 1/24/06, Sean Schofield < sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
  The ADF stuff is in the very early stages of merging with MyFaces.
Oracle has cleared the internal hurdles necessary to make the source
publicly available so people are reviewing it.  I haven't had time to
review it myself yet so don't feel bad if you feel behind the curve on
this one.

Please explore as much as you can.  Eventually the community will have
to make some decisions on how to proceed so the more of our users that
are familiar with the donation, the better.

Regards,

Sean

On 1/23/06, Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com> wrote:
   Hi Mike,

 You can read more about this on Omar's blog

 Jonas

 Mike Duffy wrote:
 Is there a link that gives some information as to what this is all
about?
    Thx.

Mike

--- Rafael Nami < rafanami@gmail.com> wrote:

 THANKS SEAN!!!!!!
:)

2006/1/23, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com >:

 You can find it here.

http://people.apache.org/~bdudney/apache-drop.zip

http://mail.yahoo.com

--
 Jonas Jacobi
 Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
 Blog: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

  --
Jonas Jacobi
Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044
Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Laurie,

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Laurie,

Laurie Harper wrote:
> Martin Marinschek wrote:
>> It is a snapshot of the ADF-faces code, so in this sense, yes, it is
>> ready for production integration.
>
> That's a bold statement, given that the code that's been made
> available doesn't correspond to a released product -- the closest
> thing to a release was the Early Access distribution of ADF Faces, and
> the released code is, AFAICT, a later version than contained in EA19.
>
> That said, though, I am using these components in a product that will
> be released well before the Oracle donation works its way through the
> incubator into MyFaces and reaches a release there. YMMV, but I
> haven't run into any show-stoppers as yet...
>
> L.
>
>> There might be major changes as we go through the incubator, though...
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 1/24/06, Fadil <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> is it ready for production integration ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Fadil

>>> about?

>> --
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German

*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Fadil <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Jonas,

is there any documentation regarding telnet and faces on OTN?
I am interested in how this is really working.

(needs a gateway? or something like this?)

-Matthias

Matthias Wessendorf
Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
50674 Köln
http://www.wessendorf.net
mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Elam Daly <el...@gmail.com>.
Jonas.

Is there any documentation or information on the ITS?  I can't find anything
at oracle.com.

-Elam

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Elam,

Elam Daly wrote:
> Jonas,
>
> Is the telnet renderkit going to be donated?
>
> Cheers,
> -Elam
>
> On 1/23/06, *Jonas Jacobi* < jonas.jacobi@oracle.com
> <ma...@oracle.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Mike,
>
>     You can read more about this on Omar's blog
>     <http://otazi.blogspot.com/2005/12/another-oracle-donation-to-open-source.html>
>

>     Jonas
>

>     Mike Duffy wrote:
>>     Is there a link that gives some information as to what this is all about?
>>
>>     Thx.
>>
>>     Mike
>>

>>     --- Rafael Nami
>>     <ra...@gmail.com> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>     THANKS SEAN!!!!!!
>>>     :)

>>     Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>>
>>     http://mail.yahoo.com
>>

>     --
>     *Jonas Jacobi
>     Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
>     <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
>     *Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--
*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Elam Daly <el...@gmail.com>.
Jonas,

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Mike,

--
*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
I think he means an WYSIWYG editor component

http://irian.at/myfaces/inputHtml.jsf

Re: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
An HTML editor?

Jonas

--
*Jonas Jacobi
Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

RE: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I did not see a HTML editor.

--- frohman@pacbell.net wrote:

> check out:
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchan
> ge/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html

http://mail.yahoo.com

---------------------------------

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos

RE: Oracle Donation (Again)

Posted by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com>.
This looks very cool.

Thx.