Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/13 04:45:41 UTC

GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Hi, We are attempting to respond to as many end-user requests as possible for
this upcoming 2.1.2 GEP release, and one of those requests is for Java 1.6
support. In order to make this happen I would like to make Java 1.6 JDK a
prerequisite for building the GEP 2.1.2. This is a build-time prerequisite only
-- it will support both 1.5. and 1.6 runtime environments. Does anyone have any
major objections to this ??

Tim McConnell

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
I think being able to deliver Java 6 support to our users in GEP 212
would be very good.  I would vote for that over building with Java 5.

Ted

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 13, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> I just don't see why yet that we need to require Java 6 to build
> GEP, especially given the patch provided by Yun Feng this morning in
> GD-468....

That's helpful information. ;-) As long as Java 6 runtime works and
GEP folks are happy with the solution, then fine by me...

--kevan

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Re: GEP build to prereq JDK 1.6

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
JDK 1.6 still sucks ass on Mac OSX, so I would prefer to leave it at
1.5.

--jason