Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Sachin Singh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/22 12:51:52 UTC

How to write data in parquet format

Hi,

I have some data in my ArrayList<Hashmap<String,String>> can we write this
data in parquet file or not,

 if yes then how,please recommend and Java program,thanks in advance.

Please Note I am not using any Spark,Kafka...

if you will refer below example then I have gone through this but,

I have gone though this and from the example 7,source code I want to
implement similar thing (programcreek.com/java-api-examples/…
<http://www.programcreek.com/java-api-examples/index.php?source_dir=pbase-master/hbase-server/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/pbase/util/GenerateParquetFile.java>
)

but after adding all dependencies code not working , I am getting issue
near ParquetWriter<Group> writer = new
ParquetWriter<Group>(initFile(fileName),new
GoupWriteSupport(metas),CompressionCodecName.SNAPPY,
1024,1024,512,true,false,ParquetProperties.WriterVersion.PARQUET_1_0,conf);
the The constructor GroupWriteSupport(Map<String,String>) is undefined,
please can you help on this

Regards

Sachin

Re: How to write data in parquet format

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Sachin,

The data model you're using (example/Group) is for internal testing and as
an example for object model implementers, not for building applications. To
build an application, you should use parquet-avro, which allows you to work
with Avro objects and schemas. That will solve your problem.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer