Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by manikantannaren <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 08:36:38 UTC

Use Shiro to authenticate against OpenAM

I have multiple realms in an OpenAM instance and I would like to authenticate
users against OpenAM. Would it be possible to redirect the authentication
request from Shiro to OpenAM and recieve the confirmation from OpenAM.

I would like to use the authorization/permissions control features of shiro
and leave authentication with OpenAM.

Can we use one the xRealms in Shiro or is it better to write a custom realm?

Cheers
Mani