Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Esra Karakaş <es...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/30 13:20:29 UTC

Patch method in the sources.py file.

Hi all,

A while ago I sent a pull request for editing the names of the
organization. Now I want to create patch method about editing sources
in the source.py file.
I would like to know what you want this method to do exactly.

Thanks!
Esra

Re: Patch method in the sources.py file.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 30/04/2019 08.20, Esra Karakaş wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while ago I sent a pull request for editing the names of the
> organization. Now I want to create patch method about editing sources
> in the source.py file.
> I would like to know what you want this method to do exactly.
>
> Thanks!
> Esra

https://demo.kibble.apache.org/apidoc.html#patch-api-sources is what we
would expect the request to accept.

It should work much like the PUT method, except:
  - it should only accept one source definition, not an array of them
  - it should check that an object with the source ID already exists
  - it should do an update rather than an override of the object.
  - it should *not* allow you to change the source type.

Once the API handler is done, we would then look into how we're going to
handle this in the UI.