Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/08 12:34:34 UTC

About creating new labels .......

We define label with a prefix pageTitle to denote that it is used on a page
title.
What about if there is an existing label that can be used for page title. Do
the best practice says that we should create a new label with prefix
pageTitle.

Consider the following case:

1) In CommonUiLabels.xml
    <property key="CommonQuickAdd">
        <value xml:lang="en">Quick Add</value>

2) In EcommerceUiLabels.xml
   <property key="PageTitleQuickAdd">
        <value xml:lang="en">Quick Add</value>

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Vikas

Re: About creating new labels .......

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I'd personnally prefer to use CommonQuickAdd : less work, less troubles, less risks

Jacques

From: "Vikas Mayur" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
If we use this label somewhere in b/w FTL or Screen widget by using <label>
tag then it creates confusion to see
PageTitle prefix over there.

So +1 for CommonQuickAdd approch.

--
Ashish

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all of you. Now it make more sense to me on the label usage.

- Vikas

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 13:08 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Personally, I don't like the PageTitle* approach (and in general
> labels specific for titles).
>
> Jacopo

+ 1

Bilgin