Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martin Wiesinger <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2009/09/04 16:07:58 UTC

Setting properties and childnodes of versionable nodes

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to use jcr/jackrabbit to do the
following:

I want to have a versionable node N
having both, versionable properties and childnodes
as well as some otther properties and childnodes I want to exclude
from versioning of N,
i.e. changing some excluded-from-versioning properties and childnodes
of N does not lead
to creation of a new version of N. This is not possible since checked-
in status of N leads
to read-only of N and all it's descendants.

Unfortunately, with my understanding of the JCR concepts, I do not
know how to implement
such a behaviour, I guess it's not intended.

The only solution I could think of at the moment is to create
something like a
non-versionable 'container-node' C that contains a versionable subnode
for all
versionable data and add some unversioned nodes and properties.
Is this the way to go?

It would be very interesting if there would be another solution for
that case.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.
   Martin

Re: Setting properties and childnodes of versionable nodes

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Martin
Wiesinger<e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> I would like to know if it's possible to use jcr/jackrabbit to do the
> following:
>
> I want to have a versionable node N having both, versionable properties and
> childnodes as well as some otther properties and childnodes I want to exclude
> from versioning of N, i.e. changing some excluded-from-versioning properties
> and childnodes of N does not lead to creation of a new version of N. This is
> not possible since checked-in status of N leads to read-only of N and all
> it's descendants.

This is currently not possible with Jackrabbit, but see JCR-639 [1]
for a long-standing request to fix this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting