Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/01 11:57:59 UTC

Re: how to put the artifacts in ant classpath?

What's your problem with ivy:cachepath? That is the preferred way to do it.

<ivy:cachepath pathid="my.classpath" ... />
<java classpathref="my.classpath" ... />

Maarten

Posted by zyd08 <yi...@db.com>.
Thanks Maarten, your solution has fixed the issue:)

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I've updated the comment on the ivy:cachepath documentation.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/ivy/core/branches/2.0.0/doc/use/cachepath.html?view=diff&r1=732104&r2=732105&pathrev=732105

It will be online when 2.0 final is released.

Thanks for the feedback.
Maarten

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@writingshow.com>.
Thanks Maarten, that's very helpful. I'm reworking my build structure
over the next few days
and I'll take your comments into account.

Alan

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@writingshow.com>.

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@gmail.com>.

--
Archie L. Cobbs

Re: how to put the artifacts in ant classpath?

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@writingshow.com>.

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.
Is cachepath the preferred way to do this?  The docs seem to suggest
otherwise:

"Please prefer the use of retrieve + standard ant path creation, which
make your build more independent from ivy (once artifacts are properly
retrieved, ivy is not required any more)."

This almost sounds like it is deprecated, otherwise I would be using it
more.