Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org> on 2020/07/06 09:35:52 UTC

Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.1 RC0

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet 1.11.1
release.

The commit id is 1796c55d6bfb614b78ff497984078430837b7b07
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.11.1-rc0
*
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/1796c55d6bfb614b78ff497984078430837b7b07

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.11.1-rc0

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://downloads.apache.org/parquet/KEYS

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/

This release includes a couple of bug fixes listed at
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/blob/parquet-1.11.x/CHANGES.md.

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet 1.11.1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

Re: Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.1 RC0

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Ryan,

I did not start a discussion thread about this release because the release
jira is open since January. Also I've started to vote because I hoped it'll
pass before I'm going on holiday (next two weeks).
Anyway, even though PARQUET-1853 is only an improvement, it is also a
regression in 1.11.0 so it shall be included in 1.11.1.

I vote -1 (binding) for this RC0 and close this vote as FAILED.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any additional issue potentially targeted to
1.11.1 please, add that jira as a blocker of PARQUET-1774. Keep in mind
that 1.11.1 will be a maintenance release meaning that we should mainly
focus on regressions introduced in 1.11.0.

Regards,
Gabor

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.