Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/04/06 17:39:39 UTC

Cleaning up module names

I would like to adopt more consistent naming conventions to name the
modules under java/sca/modules. Most of our modules use complete names
(binding-*, databinding-*, contribution-*), but a few still use
abbreviations, I'd like to rename them to use clearer, complete names
and have a consistent naming scheme.

idl
idl-java
idl-java-xml
idl-wsdl
idl-wsdl-xml
impl-java
impl-java-xml

will become:
interface
interface-java
interface-java-xml
interface-wsdl
interface-wsdl-xml
implementation-java
implementation-java-xml

If there's no objection I'll make this change sometime tomorrow.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Cleaning up module names

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Adriano Crestani wrote:
> +1, clearer names are good, mainly for newbies like me that isn't yet
> familiarized with the module names ; )
>
> Adriano Crestani
>
> On 4/7/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Consistent is always good, and we should keep this in mind when creating
>> new
>> modules as well.
>>
>> On 4/6/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I would like to adopt more consistent naming conventions to name the
>> > modules under java/sca/modules. Most of our modules use complete names
>> > (binding-*, databinding-*, contribution-*), but a few still use
>> > abbreviations, I'd like to rename them to use clearer, complete names
>> > and have a consistent naming scheme.
>> >
>> > idl
>> > idl-java
>> > idl-java-xml
>> > idl-wsdl
>> > idl-wsdl-xml
>> > impl-java
>> > impl-java-xml
>> >
>> > will become:
>> > interface
>> > interface-java
>> > interface-java-xml
>> > interface-wsdl
>> > interface-wsdl-xml
>> > implementation-java
>> > implementation-java-xml
>> >
>> > If there's no objection I'll make this change sometime tomorrow.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jean-Sebastien

Under revision r526480 I also adjusted most package names to match the
module names.

"interface" is a Java keyword so I used interfacedef for the packages in
the interface-* modules.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Cleaning up module names