Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com> on 2014/06/05 12:06:23 UTC

Re: [jclouds-labs] Add vSphere support (#61)

Thanks for the contribution @igreenfield! Before going through the code to review it, there are a couple things to consider:

**Licensing**
According to the [ASF Source Header and Copyright Notice Policy](http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html), this contribution does not fall into the "third party work" category, so all copyright notices must be removed from all header files. This is something that must be changed, in order to be aligned with the header policy.

**Authorship attribution**
As I've read in the previous PR in the main repository, this pull request is based on @andreaturli's work. We are a community of companies and individuals developing an OSS product, and proper attribution and credit to the original authors if one of the pillars of respect in this kind of communities. In fact it is one of the main points of every OSS license.

There have been several discussions in the ASF about the proper way to give credit to the submitted code. One of the points mentioned in that discussions was the convenience of including the `@author` tags in the Javadoc comments, and a widely accepted conclusion was to get rid of them. And we've recently started to apply this in the new pull requests.

To make sure your work here and Andrea's one is properly referenced, could you remove the `@author` tags from your classes, and add a mention to Andrea's work in the commit message so the code properly reflects the authors?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/61#issuecomment-45202009