Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Carson <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/28 21:40:58 UTC

Any Native SNMP Features in Tomcat

Does Tomcat 5.0x come with any support to perform SNMP requests or will I need to find a 3rd party
utility for this?

Thx,
rhugga

Re: Any Native SNMP Features in Tomcat

Posted by Chuck Carson <rh...@yahoo.com>.
--- Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think so, but it's got JMX support. what kind of operations
> are you thinking of?
>
> if you're talking about deploying a webapp, the management stuff
> handles that. If you're talking about monitoring, you can use JMeter
> 2.0 to monitor tomcat 5.x
>
> peter
>

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:40:58 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Carson <rh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does Tomcat 5.0x come with any support to perform SNMP requests or will I need to find a 3rd
> party
> > utility for this?

Actually I want to use Tomcat to monitor my network using both SNMP as well as custom TCP/UDP
pollers. I'm relatively knew to Java and normally I would write something like this in C but I
wanted to make it a 'drop in' tomcat application.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.