Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "ZILBER,LEONID (HP-NewJersey,ex1)" <le...@hp.com> on 2002/02/19 19:19:13 UTC

jaxp and namespace

Hello,

I am trying to use JAXP default SAX parser but I have problems parsing my
documents since I am using namespaces in my XML files. (The same .xml and
.dtd file work fine for xmlSpy)

factory.setNamespaceAware(true);

START DOCUMENT
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
** Parsing error, line 5, uri file:C:/Documents and
Settings/Desktop/dev/agent.xml
   Attribute "xmlns:zwiftAgent" is not declared for element "agents".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns:zwiftAgent" is not declared
for element "agents".

Line 5 contains the following: <agents
xmlns:zwiftAgent="http://www.zwiftbooks.com">

If I remove namespaceaware and make my XML file without declaring namespaces
everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Leon