Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by 4J CED <sh...@arabia.com> on 2003/12/28 09:29:55 UTC

how to stop recieving huge number of messages from postmaster

dear all....

when i send a message to to an invalid e-mail,the mailbox still revieve
a large number of messages from the postmaster account,so i want to know
how to stop this.

thank you

SHADY KAMEL

Software Engineer

Get Your 10MB account for FREE at http://mail.arabia.com !
Get FREE business cards for your business or personal use -- an $85 FREE
gift. Top quality! Full color!
<http://ads.arabia.com/?SHT=text_email_arabic>

RE: how to stop recieving huge number of messages from postmaster

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> when i send a message to to an invalid e-mail,the mailbox still
> revieve a large number of messages from the postmaster account

If the remote end responds with a 5xx, we should consider the error
permanent.  If it replies with a 4xx, we would consider it temporary, and
retry.

	--- Noel