Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de> on 2009/10/19 23:52:49 UTC

Re: Release 2.0

Hello

Am Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:54:12 +0200
schrieb Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:

> > Without them only the following issues are left for 2.0:
> >  * LOG4PHP-72           Official release date?
>
> Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
> release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
> start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about this

Come on guys, it's getting boring again :-) And we're so close before a
release!

Meanwhile I'm commenting your "Heading for a release" mail from 31.
August.

svn copy . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/log4php/tags/2.0

> - create package with maven

mvn site
That creates target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz

> - sign/hash with gpg and a key, whose public counterpart can be found
>   in the repository

gpg  --detach-sign --armor target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz

What is "the repository"? My key 86A118E6 is on wwwkeys.de.pgp.net,
would that be enough?

> - upload the whole to a staging server

How's that done?

> - have a vote on this list

"+1" :-)

> - have a vote on the incubator list?

I guess one of the mentors has to do this?

> - after successful voting, copy the staged artifacts to the download
>   server

How?
If we have a pear repository by then, upload there, too.

> - update website with new download links

How?

> - send announcement to user, dev and incubator list

 ... and to the blog!

bye,

-christian-

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hi

I took care of the .zip file. Sadly the version policies for PEAR
packages do want something like 2.0.0 or 2.0.0snapshot instead of
2.0-SNAPSHOT but a log4php-2.0.tgz/zip must be enough for now.

Sometimes the loss of flexibility with maven is a real PITA. Maybe
the apparently orphaned maven-php-plugin should be my next target :)

bye,

-christian-

Am Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:46:47 +0200

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Hi

Am Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:27:23 +0200
schrieb Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> >> Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
> >> release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
> >> start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about
> >> this
> >
> > Come on guys, it's getting boring again :-) And we're so close
> > before a release!
>
> Yeah, I agree, lets do it!
>
> I added a new wikipage, were we can nail down the already agreed
> items. Its there:
> http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Log4PHPReleasePlan

Regarding:

Re: Release 2.0

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> Well :-) I think november is good, but we need to disucss were the
>> release must go and such. Next week I am travelling lots, but lets
>> start discussion then. I also wrote an e-mail in the past about this
>
> Come on guys, it's getting boring again :-) And we're so close before a
> release!

Yeah, I agree, lets do it!

I added a new wikipage, were we can nail down the already agreed items.
Its there: http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Log4PHPReleasePlan

>> - create tag 2.0
>
> svn copy . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/log4php/tags/2.0
>
>> - create package with maven
>
> mvn site
> That creates target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz
>
>> - sign/hash with gpg and a key, whose public counterpart can be found
>>   in the repository
>
> gpg  --detach-sign --armor target/pear/log4php-2.0.0.tgz
>
> What is "the repository"? My key 86A118E6 is on wwwkeys.de.pgp.net,
> would that be enough?

You need to create a key just for apache codesigning. However, I have
one which is already signed by others. I also used it for Commons
Compress.
See also: http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

We need a place to store our public keys on the repostiory - Gavin, do
you have an idea were to store it?

>> - upload the whole to a staging server
>
> How's that done?

SCP -. but WHERE? :-)

> I guess one of the mentors has to do this?

No, we can do it ourselves too. Since I am also in the temp. PMC, I
will probably have the right to do it.

>> - after successful voting, copy the staged artifacts to the download
>>   server
>
> How?

Where?? :-)