Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by peakey <ma...@amt-sybex.com> on 2017/09/11 14:59:33 UTC

Subscriber consumption not registering in AMQ Log

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with AMQ, i have logging set to DEBUG so i can see
messages being produced and consumed by external subscribers however one of
the subscribers is not registering the messages it consumes in the AMQ Log,
all other subscribers are.

It is consuming the messages but its just not showing the log file, I have
checked the config of the problem subscriber and it seems to match the
others that do populate the log so i am stumped.

Anyone any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks

Re: Subscriber consumption not registering in AMQ Log

Posted by peakey <ma...@amt-sybex.com>.
No worries, thanks again!

Re: Subscriber consumption not registering in AMQ Log

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I wasn't proposing that you modify the source, only that you use it for
debugging.

It's possible that someone else will have experienced this problem and will
respond with an explanation; I hope someone does. But if you look back
through the ActiveMQ 5.x threads on this list over the past six months or a
year, you'll see that the odds are overwhelmingly that I'm the only person
who will respond (and even more so because your question is specific to
paying close attention to the logs when DEBUG is enabled, which most people
don't do), so be cognizant of that as you decide how and when to proceed.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
You could grab the ActiveMQ source code and set a breakpoint at the line
where the logging should be occurring and see whether you're actually
getting to that line.

Tim