Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Martin v. Löwis" <ma...@v.loewis.de> on 2003/06/21 20:45:31 UTC

A path under revision control is needed for this operation

I have a repository with the traditional structure

martin@mira:~/tmp/playground> ls
branches  tags  trunk

Now I try to tag the trunk, specifying the COMMITTED version. I do

svn copy -rCOMMITTED trunk tags/copy-COMMITTED

This gives

svn: A path under revision control is needed for this operation
svn: svn_client__get_revision_number: need a version-controlled path to fetch local revision info.

I'm pretty certain that the current directory is under revision
control. How can I specify the path that it needs?

Regards,
Martin