Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Esteban Franqueiro <es...@bea.com> on 2008/02/13 15:40:21 UTC

DbDataStore doesn't support concurrent reads

Hi all.
As the subject says, the DbDataStore doesn't support concurrent reads if copyWhenReading is set to
false (the javadoc says so). This is a major problem for users (like me) that have the complete
repository on a database server.
There's an easy fix for this, and that is to associate the DB resources with the stream, leaving
them open until the stream is closed.
I have this code working with Jackrabbit 1.3 in the previous version of my app. I will move to 1.4
and upload a patch.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: DbDataStore doesn't support concurrent reads

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Esteban Franqueiro
<es...@bea.com> wrote:
>  As the subject says, the DbDataStore doesn't support concurrent reads if copyWhenReading is set to
>  false (the javadoc says so). This is a major problem for users (like me) that have the complete
>  repository on a database server.
>  There's an easy fix for this, and that is to associate the DB resources with the stream, leaving
>  them open until the stream is closed.
>  I have this code working with Jackrabbit 1.3 in the previous version of my app. I will move to 1.4
>  and upload a patch.

Excellent, thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting