Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/01/03 13:20:06 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Frequently asked questions" by HakanSoderstrom

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HakanSoderstrom:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Frequently_asked_questions

    * [#update_views_more_often I want to update my view indexes more often than only when a user reads it. How do I do that best?]
    * [#secure_remote_server I use CouchDB on a remote server and I don't want it to listen on a public port for security reasons. Is there a way to connect to it from my local machine or can I still use Futon with it?]
    * [#slow_view_building Creating my view index takes ages, WTF?]
+   * [#unicode_data Erlang has been slow to adopt Unicode. Is Unicode or UTF-8 a problem with CouchDB?]

  If you have a question not yet answered in this FAQ please hit the edit button and add your question at the end. Check back in a few days, someone may have provided an answer.