Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Read <si...@formasic.com> on 2000/08/12 00:47:32 UTC

ApJservMount Problems

Folks,

I'm   having  trouble  understanding   the  configuration   of  Tomcat
with Apache (surprise, surprise).

I want to store the jsp  pages and servlets in the same directory tree
I use for  the regular web pages (/var/www).  I  can easily create the
right structure for each web-application.

I know I  need to create a "Context" for  each web-application, I need
to put an  appropriate "web.xml" file in the  WEB-INF directory of the
we application.   I know  I need some  ApJservMount directives  in the
"tomcat.xml" file.

I think the  problem is that I don't  understand ApJServMount.  Is the
first  parameter an  absolute or  a  relative directory  path? Is  the
second parameter  the name of a  context? If I have  a web application
called MyApp in  the directory /var/www/Department, what do  I need to
put in what files?

Simon Read