Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/04/08 17:55:32 UTC

RE: tough XSL in logicsheet problem - Xalan, DOCTYPEs, ENTITYs, a nd xsl:output

Aha! *Slaps forehead* Why didn't I read the flipping post before spouting
off!?

You can't use xsl:output in Cocoon 1. You just can't. Cocoon controls the
output, through cocoon-format PIs.

So it's a cocoon bug (inability to generate custom DOCTYPEs). I posted a
patch for this recently which shows how to solve this problem, and also
explained in detail why it occurs - search the mail archives. You'll have to
modify it yourself to replicate the HTMLFormatter functionality in
XMLFormatter. Stefano applied a different patch, but I don't think that's
right for you because it doesn't allow arbitrary doctype declarations IIRC.

Steven Maring <St...@trcinc.com> wrote:
>I need the XML that the logicsheet generates to contain a
><!DOCTYPE> reference to a DTD that has entity definitions, and then have
>entity references in the XML.  I need this to load template data.
>
>I can't do a <xsl:text> because that causes Cocoon to generate a producer
>that thinks my <!DOCTYPE> is a text node!
>
>The XSLT spec says that you should use <xsl:output>.  So I tried this is my
>logicsheet:

[snip]

Re: tough XSL in logicsheet problem - Xalan, DOCTYPEs, ENTITYs, a nd xsl:output

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Robin Green wrote:

> Aha! *Slaps forehead* Why didn't I read the flipping post before spouting
> off!?
>
> You can't use xsl:output in Cocoon 1. You just can't. Cocoon controls the
> output, through cocoon-format PIs.
>
> So it's a cocoon bug (inability to generate custom DOCTYPEs). I posted a
> patch for this recently which shows how to solve this problem, and also
> explained in detail why it occurs - search the mail archives. You'll have to
> modify it yourself to replicate the HTMLFormatter functionality in
> XMLFormatter. Stefano applied a different patch, but I don't think that's
> right for you because it doesn't allow arbitrary doctype declarations IIRC.

yes, it does. or, at least, it does on my system :)

I'm going to release 1.7.3 soon so that people will stop complaining
about encoding and doctype issues.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.