Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Corin Moss <Co...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2004/03/10 03:41:36 UTC

Store options

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this one up again, has anyone given any more thought to
options for a cache / store implementation?  My feeling at the moment is
that JCS is the best of an imperfect bunch.   There are definitely some
problems in its implementation of JSR-107, but I really like the
functionality it does have.  From what I can tell, JCS has not been very
well cared for over the last year or so.  The core developers don't have
a lot of time to work on it.  Is there any way we can get the ASF to
(perhaps) take JCS out of Turbine and put it into an incubator of its
own, or promote JCS as a project as part of Cocoon or Avalon?

I really think that there is some great work done there, in danger of
getting lost.  It is certainly a better approach (IMHO) than starting
off developing another caching / store system.

WDYT?

Corin

Corin Moss
Lead Developer