Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by River <ri...@verat.net> on 2003/08/16 21:09:55 UTC

File commons

Recently I did some project that included traversing directories, for
files, or directories only. In the process I used cli, so to payback I
want to donate DirectoryIterator to commons-lang project. This is
non-recursive iterator. Can be very useful, and can save a lot of time
when dealing with directories, and files. The file is dependent on java2
(LinkedList used as stack) but it is not difficult for me to change it
to use Stack, or vector, or something from commons-collections. As
example of use there is Prune example witch uses iterator to prune all
empty folders in some given root.

If you like it you can put it in commons. If it's inappropriate to post
things this way, please explain me how to propose things in the future.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best Regards,

River
Intertele AG

RE: [io] Re: File commons

Posted by River <ri...@verat.net>.
Yes, commons-io is better place since classes used are from io package.

Sorry for missing [xxx] identifier, it was a slip..

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best Regards,
River

This is probably better placed in commons-io, which is slowly winding
its
way out of the sandbox.

Still, sounds very useful.

Hen