Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Garima Bathla <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/16 18:43:28 UTC

Re: Dynamic revisions using rev="latest.integration" and latest-strategies

Keith:

I think you are not wrong at all in what you described and Ivy is actually
doing what you are asking for it. So I would ask you to debug this problem
by looking into following points

1. What is the value of the attribute "publication date" in ivy.xml info
element for
         1.0.2 (status = "integration")
        latest (status = "integration")

Make sure the publication date is set correctly and according to dependency
resolution you expect. So for the module with revision='latest' publication
date should be latest than module with revision='1.0.2'

(* I really hope Ivy is not using filesystem dates for comparison)

2. As you have specified the latest-strategy to be latest-time, so Ivy is
indeed using it. Now if the module with revision='latest' is not being
picked up , that just implies that it is actually not the latest revision.
For you to make sure that the module with revision="latest" is always
treated as the latest module, you can assign a special meaning to the
keyword latest in ivysettings.xml

<latest-strategies>
  <latest-revision name="mylatest-revision">
    <specialMeaning name="latest" value="100"/>
  </latest-revision>
</latest-strategies>

So this way when comparing the revision 1.0.2 and latest, latest will
have the value of 100 and hence will be returned as per the
latest-time strategy.

Regards,
Garima.