Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/03/01 12:54:06 UTC

[Fwd: Re: ApacheCon Europe in Stuttgart]

Hi all,

the submission deadline for proposals to ApacheCon Europe which will
take place in Stuttgart later this year is approaching. Actually, the
deadline for session proposals is Friday.

Anyone involved in Lenya Development is of course encouraged to submit a
session proposal. I have offered two different sessions as I have no
experience yet with what they like, what goes into the programme, etc.

You can find my abtracts below!

Regards,
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Ok, just FYI, I have offered two different sessions.

I know the abstract of the first one is a bit provocative, but I think
this is what makes people get their heads up and come and attend! Much
more than the "Let me tell you how great our project is" type of
session. So please nobody be offended, ok?

Session 1:
==========

Can Lenya help us build and maintain outstanding websites?

Technical
Experienced
60 Minutes
Any Day

Abstract:

To some people Lenya, the Apache CMS built on Cocoon, is something like
the missing UI layer which enables content editors to finally use proper
XML and XSLT technolgies for web publishing.

To other people Lenya in an unnecessary Layer of complexity that stands
in between them and Cocoon.

And even other people think Lenya is more sort of a framework to built
custom CMS systems that it is a CMS itself.

The session will help you find out what group you belong to based on
latest facts. It will also explain the Roadmap for Lenya 2.0.

Session 2:
==========

Lenya Hands-On Tutorial?

Technical
Novice
180 Minutes
Any Day

The speaker will build a complete, feature rich website from scratch
together with the audience using a clean Lenya installation as a
starting point.

The 180 Minutes will be devided in three parts:

Part 1: Planning and structuring
Part 2: Setting up the skeleton
Part 3: Adding and maintaining content

****

Let's wait and see if they want any of it.

Regards,
Torsten

BTW: The ApacheCon.com website is neither pretty nor effective! You know
that saying about the Shoemaker's son ...?!?