Posted to announce@apache.org by yukon <yu...@apache.org> on 2017/12/18 15:36:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release Apache RocketMQ 4.2.0

Hi all,

Apache RocketMQ is a distributed messaging and streaming platform with low
latency, high performance and reliability, trillion-level capacity and
flexible scalability.

The Apache RocketMQ community would like to announce the release of Apache
RocketMQ 4.2.0.

This release supports some new features:

1. Support transportation layer security
2. Support log4j2 in client
3. Support more flexible flow control mechanism in client

Also, fixed some known bugs and some performance issues.
More details regarding Apache RocketMQ 4.2.0 can be found at:
https://rocketmq.apache.org/

The release artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/rocketmq/4.2.0

The release notes can be found here:
https://rocketmq.apache.org/release_notes/release-notes-4.2.0/

Thanks,
The Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release Apache RocketMQ 4.2.0

Posted by yukon <yu...@apache.org>.
Hi sebb and justin, thanks to your suggestion.

I have polished our quick start doc and provided simple steps to build
from official Apache release.

Also, we will use the mirror site link in our next release announcement.

Regards,
yukon

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc <http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Also, the quickstart page
> https://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/quick-start/ <https://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/quick-start/>
> says  to clone the development branch of the code.
>
> Only source that has been formally approved by the PMC should be advertised.

I’m not sure that applies to source code just to unproved releases. i.e. you can’t post links to unproved releases like nightly builds and the like [1] (and even some projects do this) e.g. [3] but make it clear it’s not an official build. Many top level projects I’ve looked at include links to the work in progress repo and some projects have no distinction between master and develop.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 December 2017 at 15:36, yukon <yu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apache RocketMQ is a distributed messaging and streaming platform with low
> latency, high performance and reliability, trillion-level capacity and
> flexible scalability.
>
> The Apache RocketMQ community would like to announce the release of Apache
> RocketMQ 4.2.0.
>
> This release supports some new features:
>
> 1. Support transportation layer security
> 2. Support log4j2 in client
> 3. Support more flexible flow control mechanism in client
>
> Also, fixed some known bugs and some performance issues.
> More details regarding Apache RocketMQ 4.2.0 can be found at:
> https://rocketmq.apache.org/
>
> The release artifacts can be downloaded here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/rocketmq/4.2.0

Please don't publish that URL.
The dist host is only intended as a staging area for developers.
Also it bypasses the ASF mirror system.

The only URL that users should be given is:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/rocketmq/4.2.0

or a download page that points to the ASF mirror system