Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Craig <m....@rl.ac.uk> on 2003/01/23 16:22:48 UTC

operation description is missing parameter description!

Hi,

I just upgraded from Axis beta 2+ to Axis 1.0 and suddenly none of my
client programs work... I get the exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: operation description is missing parameter
description!

on call.invoke();

Could anyone tell me what this means? I am setting up type mappings with
call.registerTypeMapping().

Thanks,

Martin.

--
Martin Craig <m....@rl.ac.uk>

Re: operation description is missing parameter description!

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
Martin Craig wrote:

> I just upgraded from Axis beta 2+ to Axis 1.0 and suddenly none of my
> client programs work... I get the exception:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: operation description is missing parameter
> description!
>
> on call.invoke();
>
> Could anyone tell me what this means? I am setting up type mappings with
> call.registerTypeMapping().

  I had this problem, and it tends to happen with overloaded methods. My
solution was to move the offending method to a different webservice. The
problem then went away.
  I don't know what is causing it, as I couldn't get it to duplicate with a
smaller test case, but you may want to just create another webservice.