Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/10 20:56:27 UTC

problem with jellybean not getting properties set

I'm working with a jelly bean in a plugin in maven 1.0.2.

It has a property I am setting thusly in plugin.jelly:

                         resources="${pom.build.resources}"

I'm using this in a large multiproject build (geronimo).  After several
modules in which the plugin gets this property set and works perfectly,
I encounter a module in which the setter is never called, and the
plugin fails (the jelly bean is called even though at least this
property is never set).

Building the failing module by itself works fine.

I've tried replacing the property and its value with Build and Project
and working downwards, but get the same result.

What can cause this behavior?

thanks
david jencks

Re: problem with jellybean not getting properties set

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
My apologies, this turned out to be due to having too many versions of
the plugin floating around and not my not realizing which version was
used where.

However.... even if the old version of the plugin is installed, the
class from the new version is still used!  So, I think there are some
classloading difficulties for multiple plugin versions in 1.0.2

thanks
david jencks