Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Jim Brower <ji...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/22 22:40:48 UTC

TLS for C client

Hello, I've been working on adding TLS support to the C client using
openssl. So far I've been working on it in a Linux environment, but I'm
planning to make it work on all currently supported platforms. Still need
to do a lot of testing as well.

I'm not familiar with the test environment. Can someone give me pointers
about how to run regressions, and what set is right for the C client? I'll
need to add an alternate setup that runs with TLS turned on.

Any pointers are appreciated.

I saw there is a meetup next month, I'd like to have something with a
little polish by then in case anyone is interested.

Re: TLS for C client

Posted by Jim Brower <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael, I'll be sure to look the Java client changes and docs. Might be
a bit
until I submit anything for feedback. Thanks for the tips.

Re: TLS for C client

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for working on this. You might want to upload your patch to
ZOOKEEPER-2122 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2122> so
community can provide feedback.

ZK has C unit tests (runnable with 'ant test-core-cppunit') which is all we
have for regression, so at the very minimum we should make sure all
existing C unit tests pass with the new C client. Also your patch should
include specific C unit test for testing the TLS feature. You might want to
reference ZOOKEEPER-2125 which added TLS for Java client, and see how those
tests look like (among other things, like doc changes.).

--
Cheers
Michael.