Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/06 06:40:09 UTC

How to make Highlighter return more pre and post text of a fragment?

Is there a way to configure Highlighter to return more pre and post text? For example suppose I'm searching text for "bank" from Alice in Wonderland:

 her sister
on the *bank*, and of having nothing

I would like to get more post and pre text from my result:

 Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister
on the *bank*, and of having nothing to do:  once or twice she had
peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had

I've tried various calls to GetBestFragments:

 string[] highlightedFragments = highlighter.GetBestFragments(new StandardAnalyzer(), aliceInWonderland, 1);

including bumping the 1 parameter to a larger number but the returned array only has one item in it. I'm not looking for other matches in the text; I want to expand the best matched fragment to give the user more context about the match.

Thanks,
Ron

Re: How to make Highlighter return more pre and post text of a fragment?

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ron,

Have a look at
http://www.archivum.info/java-dev@lucene.apache.org/2008-01/msg00111.html
Probably you need to do similar changes if you want greater control of
fragments or at least instantiate Fragmenter with a parameter ( fragment
size)  which should call a respective constructor.

  public class SimpleFragmenter : Fragmenter

	{
		private const int DEFAULT_FRAGMENT_SIZE = 100;
		private int currentNumFrags;
		private int fragmentSize;

		public SimpleFragmenter():this(DEFAULT_FRAGMENT_SIZE)
		{
		}

		/// <summary> </summary>
		/// <param name="fragmentSize">size in bytes of each fragment
		/// </param>
		public SimpleFragmenter(int fragmentSize)
		{
			this.fragmentSize = fragmentSize;
		}

Regards