Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Joshua Baudhuin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 19:19:53 UTC

n00b question: can't get authorization manager to work

Hi, All.

New to JMeter (among other things).

I'm trying to test a website which has server authentication (i.e.,
invokes browser to pop up a messagebox requesting username/password
for domain/realm.

I had naively assumed that the proxy-recorder would capture this for
me, but it did not. No matter: I added an HTTP Authorization Manager
to the thread group for the test, and added an entry for the website.

However, when I run my test, and look at the results dumped to the
textfile by way of the aggregate reporter, it seems to indicate that
the authorization is not occurring (or not occurring properly).

E.g.:

 <responseData class="java.lang.String">&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
&quot;-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN&quot;&gt;
&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;
&lt;title&gt;401 Authorization Required&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;
&lt;h1&gt;Authorization Required&lt;/h1&gt;
&lt;p&gt;This server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the document
requested.  Either you supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn&apos;t understand how to supply
the credentials required.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;hr&gt;
&lt;address&gt;Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at www.xxx.com Port
80&lt;/address&gt;
&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;
</responseData>

Any hints?

I should mention that the "domain" and "realm" fields of the
authorization manager entry are blank. I have tried filling them in,
but that didn't seem to help either.

Thanks in advance.

RE: n00b question: can't get authorization manager to work

Posted by Steve Kapinos <St...@tandberg.com>.
use a packet sniffer (wireshark) to record the http session and simply look at what the authentication scheme being used by the client and server that work.  Its very easy to see in the http header what the server supports, and what the client used that worked

-Steve

Posted by Joshua Baudhuin <jo...@gmail.com>.
The base URL case is fine.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.