Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/12/06 11:40:52 UTC

Server issue?

Hi Winter Lau,

I'm not proficient on the server side and this appears to be a server
issue. Please register with the development list (copied) to follow this
thread that I'm starting.

John Hawkins

             "??"
             <liudong@mo168.co
                                       John Hawkins/UK/IBM@IBMGB
             06/12/2004 09:57                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       about Axis C++

Dear John Hawkins :

    Excuse me, I got your email from apache.org :)

    I have a problem when using Axis C++ 1.3, my OS is RedHat Linux 9 with
Apache 2.0.52.

    The attachment is my test WSDL file, i used the cmd to generate server
skeleton

    java org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws hello.wsdl -lc++ -sserver

         It works fine and generated some files , then i compile these
files to a single shared library named libhello.so

        g++ -shared -I$AXISCPP_HOME/include -o libhello.so *.cpp

        i copied libhello.so to $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib and Hello.wsdl to
$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/wsdls

        then appended this service defination to server.wsdd as below

<service name="HelloService" provider="CPP:RPC" description=" Hello
Service">
  <parameter name="className" value="/apache/axiscpp/lib/libhello.so"/>

</service>

    after done this steps, i can see the hello's WSDL via browser after
restart apache http server

    the question is:

        when i using Axis(java) to generate client stub and run , i get an
exception as below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  - <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="
  http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
  http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
  http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  - <SOAP-ENV:Body>
  - <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
    <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
    <faultstring>A service handler failed</faultstring>
    <faultactor>server name:listen port</faultactor>
    <faultdetail>AxisEngineException:Web Service failed</faultdetail>
  </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
  </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

   what's wrong with those steps i'll done.  can you give me some
suggestions, thanks a lot.

Best Regards

                                                    Winter Lau (from China)

                                                          liudong@mo168.com