Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ram <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 07:25:04 UTC

How to configure Hive metastore (Mysql) for beeswax(Hive UI) in Clouera Manager

Hi,
    I am using Cloudera Manager 4.1.2 not having hive as a service, so  I
was installed hive and configured mysql as metastore.  Using Cloudera
Manager i was installed HUE. In the Hue, Beeswax (Hive UI) which is using
by default derby database i want configure metastore same as what hive is
using i.e Mysql  and want to refer both hive and Beeswax will refer same
database and metastore.

    I was changed the hive-site.xml file
in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/662-hue-HUE_SERVER/hive-conf
and /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/663-hue-BEESWAX_SERVER/hive-conf
but beeswax is not pointing to metastore (mysql) and restarting hue service
every time creating new configuration file by cloudera manager.

Any suggestions where to do configuration changes. Thanks in advance.

From,
Ramesh Babu,